Internet-of-Things for Beginners
Click to RFQ
This course covers the basics of developing a working system prototype using the NetDuino microcontroller, sensors and C# programming language.
Upon completion of this course, trainees will have the competencies to:
- Understand what is IoT system, microcontroller, sensors and C# programming
- Wire (no soldering required) up using breadboard the sensors or components
- Develop the code to control devices and acquire data from the sensors
The hands-on intensive training curriculum is designed in such a way to take advantage of the benefits of different learning and teaching methodologies such as:
- Short lecture by trainer on key concepts of IoT systems, controllers, sensors, components, electronics, etc
- Demo of the development tool by trainer
- Hands-on Workshops for trainees to go through step-by-step to complete a working prototype
- Demo of workshop solutions by trainees for feedback
- Reflection on how to apply lessons learnt into a live or other project
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to build a simple system as a hobby or profession. This course is a basic fundamental to develop commercial-ready IoT systems.
Trainees should have some knowledge of programming and basic electronics.
|Public||80Twenty Venue||Trainees will be from various organizations in the same class.|
|Exclusive||80Twenty or Trainee-preferred Venue||Class exclusive to only your own company’s trainees.|
Lessons will run daily from 9am to 5pm inclusive of 1-hour lunch break and two 15-minutes breaks.
General; IoT; Microcontroller; Sensors and components; Wiring table; Breadboard; Getting Started to Install required software; Start a Visual Studio C# project; Step-by-step on how to connect the microcontroller to PC, to write and execute the code to control the on-board LED.
|2||Wiring and Programming the Devices/Components
- Push Buttons and LEDs
- Temperature Sensor
- DC Motors
- Servo Motors
Trainees are responsible to bring the following hardware and software for the training:
- PC/Notebook running on MS-Windows 7 Professional Edition or better 4GB RAM, with Admin access rights to install software.
- Microcontroller and components will be on loan from 80Twenty.
The software development tool, SDK and drivers will be provided.