Business Process Modeling Essentials
Click to RFQ
This course covers the essential analytical and modelling techniques to develop Business Process Models using universal modelling standards such as BPMN and Sparx Systems Modeling software.
Upon completion of this course, trainees will have the competencies to:
- Understand what is a model, the process and benefits of modelling, universal modelling standards such as BPMN, the challenges in modelling and how to incorporate modeling practices into existing Business Process Management practices
- Analyse information be it in document, diagram, models or verbal form to identify the business process model elements such as Pools, Lanes, Gateways, Events, Activities and many more
- Develop the Business Process Models using Sparx Systems EA modeling software
- Review the models to ensure correctness and completeness
- Manage models such as model baseline, traceability, transformations and specification document generation
The consultative-centric training curriculum is designed in such a way to take advantage of the benefits of different learning and teaching methodologies such as:
- Lecture by trainer on key concepts of Business Process modeling
- Demo of the modeling tool by trainer on how to develop the BPMN and other related models
- Hands-on Workshops for trainees to have in-depth practice to apply what they have learnt
- Presentation of workshop solutions by trainees for feedback
- Reflection on how to apply lessons learnt into a live project
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to analyse and model business processes.
Trainees should have the knowledge and/or experience in process management and relevant business domain knowledge.
|Public||80Twenty Venue||Trainees will be from various organizations in the same class.|
|Exclusive||80Twenty or Trainee-preferred Venue||Class exclusive to only your own company’s trainees.|
Lessons will run daily from 9am to 5pm inclusive of 1-hour lunch break and two 15-minutes breaks.
General; Modelling & Business Process Modelling; Modeling Language: BPMN
|Workshop 1: Getting Started with Sparx Systems EA
Install and configure EA Start a new EA project; User Interface: Menus, Windows, Drag-and-drop and many more; Modeling Basics using UML Package Diagram
|2||Analyse the Business Process (BPA)
Techniques to map business processes to BPMN model elements such as Pools, Swimlanes, Activities, Gateway, Even, Conversations and Choreographies
|Workshop 2: Conduct Business Process Analysis
This workshop will be conducted in several parts without the use of any modeling tools.
|3||Model the Business Processes (BPM)
This topic comprises of Sparx Systems EA demo and followed with Workshop 3
Workshop 3: Model the Business Processes
This workshop will be conducted in several parts with the use of Sparx EA modeling tool to progressively and incrementally develop the business process models.
|4||Review Business Process Model (BPR)
This topic covers EA software features to help you review business process models to ensure compliance with the actual process as well as the BPMN standard.
Workshop 4 : Review Business Process Model
Trainees will present their solutions for feedback by trainer.
Introduction to Model Management principles: Baseline, Diff, Traceability and Document generation.
Workshop 5: Final Workshop & Reflection
Trainees will be elaborating on their solutions; Trainees will be reflecting on how to apply lessons learnt into their organization/project
Trainees are responsible to bring the following hardware and software for the training:
PC/Notebook running on MS-Windows 7 Professional Edition or better 4GB RAM, with Admin access rights to install software.
- 30-day software evaluation license is available and can be used during the training Download Trial
- Sparx Systems EA Corporate Standard/Floating License Edition (1 license key per trainee) Order EA .