Enterprise Architecture Modeling Essentials
Click to RFQ
This course covers the essential analytical and modeling techniques to develop Enterprise Architecture (EA) using universal EA framework such as TOGAF and the Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modeling software.
Upon completion of this course, trainees will have the competencies to:
- Understand what is Enterprise Architecture (EA), the benefits of EA, universal EA frameworks and the challenges in modelling, roll-out and maintain the EA.
- Analyse information be it in document, diagram, models or verbal form to develop the Enterprise Architecture
- Develop the EA models based on TOGAF framework using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modeling software
- Review the models to ensure correctness and completeness
- Manage models such as model baseline, traceability and EA document generation
The consultative-centric training curriculum is designed in such a way to take advantage of the benefits of different learning and teaching methodologies such as:
- Lecture by trainer on key concepts of Enterprise Architecture modeling
- Demo of the modeling tool by trainer on how to develop the EA and other related models
- Hands-on Workshops for trainees to have in-depth practice to apply what they have learnt
- Presentation of workshop solutions by trainees for feedback
- Reflection on how to apply lessons learnt into a live project
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to develop an Enterprise Architecture.
Trainees should have the knowledge and/or experience in Information Systems and Technology Management.
|Public||80Twenty Venue||Trainees will be from various organizations in the same class.|
|Exclusive||80Twenty or Trainee-preferred Venue||Class exclusive to only your own company’s trainees.|
Lessons will run daily from 9am to 5pm inclusive of 1-hour lunch break and two 15-minutes breaks.
General; Modelling & Enterprise Architecture Modeling; TOGAF and other EA Framework.
|Workshop 1: Getting Started with Sparx Systems EA
Install and configure EA; Start a new EA project; User Interface: Menus, Windows, Drag-and-drop and many more; Modeling Basics
|Workshop 2: Modeling the Business Architecture|
|Workshop 3: Modeling the Applications Architecture|
|Workshop: Modeling the Data Architecture|
|Workshop 5: Model the Technology Architecture|
|6||Manage the EA Models
Baseline, Traceability, Impact Analysis, Document Generation
|Workshop 6: EA Model Management|
Trainees are responsible to bring the following hardware and software for the training:
PC/Notebook running on MS-Windows 7 Professional Edition or better 4GB RAM, with Admin access rights to install software.
- 30-day software evaluation license is available and can be used during the training Download Trial
- Sparx Systems EA Business and Software Engineering Standard/Floating License Edition (1 license key per trainee) Order EA .