Technical Design Modeling
Click to RFQ
TDM covers the essential analytical and modelling techniques to develop UML-compliant Technical Design Model specification using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modeling software. Upon completion of this program, trainees will have the competencies to:
- Understand what is a model, the process and benefits of modelling, universal modelling standards such as UML, the challenges in modelling and how to incorporate modeling practices into existing software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Analyse information be it in document, diagram, models or verbal form to develop technical design models or specifications
- Develop the preliminary design models using UML Class Diagrams based on the MVC design patterns
- Develop the class participation models using UML Class Diagram
- Develop the object interactions using UML Sequence Diagram
- Map Design Models to Implementation Code and Database
- Review the models to ensure correctness and completeness
- Manage models such as model baseline, traceability, transformations and code definition generations.
Attendees are assumed to have:
- Attended the 1-day EA4SAM workshop;
- Attended the 2-day RAM workshop; and
- Some knowledge in object-oriented design and programming.
Model, Modeling Process, Modeling Standards; Brief on generic Case study; and Import Requirements Analysis Models
|2||Preliminary Design Modeling (PDM) with UML Class Diagram
Introduction to PDM; Model-View-Control (MVC) Design patterns; Apply techniques to identify classes based on the MVC design patterns for each use case; and Develop the preliminary design models
|Workshop 1: Analyse, identify & develop PDM|
|3||Detail Design Modeling (DDM)
Introduction to DDM; Apply techniques to detail classes with member functions, signatures and relationships using UML Class Diagram & Sequence Diagram
|Workshop 2: Analyse, identify, model, review and detail DDM|
Introduction to round-trip engineering: Forward and reverse engineering; and Map design to Code; Map DRM to ERD & DDL.
|Workshop 3: Round-Trip Engineering using EA|
|5||Design Model Management
Model Baseline; Model Traceability & Impact Analysis; and Review Technical Design Models using Matrix Specification and Traceability
|Workshop 4: Design Model Management using EA|
Trainees are responsible to bring the following for the training:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later notebook installed with Enterprise Architect Corporate Edition (Download 30-day evaluation license from http://www.sparxsystems.com/bin/easetup.msi );
- The EA4SAM course material; and
- The RAM course material.